Monday, October 11, 2010

with my feet on the dash, the world doesn't matter

The moment my mom looks over my shoulder and sees a blogging website, she asks me how on earth I think I have time to blog, what with college applications and senioritis and swimming and, you know, the future to worry about.  But my friends Julia and Elizabeth are both somehow finding time, so I figure that I can squeeze it in as well.

Julia is a food connoisseur and Elizabeth is an avid follower of fashion -- me, I am not really anything.  Or maybe I am too many things to dedicate a blog to just one of them.  I am a competitive swimmer, a high schooler, an artist, a sister.  But I am also a writer.  So I suppose I don't need to dedicate this blog to anything, because the whole point of a blog is to write.  I figure this is a good way to keep my words flowing, so maybe you will get some quality posts, and maybe quite the opposite.  (I'm assuming that it will be a mixed bag.)

I know words-only posts are unappealing, so I will try to get some other visual stuff on here as well, but I guess the point is to exercise my writing muscle, not to aesthetically please anybody or make my posts look more interesting. Is it selfish to think that the whole point of having a blog is to please myself?

I apologize that I do not have any recipes or pretty runway fashion to offer you, but maybe you can find something to do with my thoughts.  Or maybe this blog will serve as a journal and a journal only, for me to look back on and laugh at when I am old and mature.

I suppose the beauty of it all is coming to that conclusion myself.

2 comments:

  1. I really really love you! And no, it's not selfish. And words-only posts aren't unappealing--they're a rare thing these days. Your writing doesn't need images and your images don't need writing (though I'm sure they can augment one another, it's not necessary!) Post your photography and art projects on here too, of course! And embarrassing swimming videos. P.S. did you make your background?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too! I am glad you like my current state of image-less-ness. I will post stuff that I do on here as well when I get the chance, although I haven't done photography in ages... (Tell me how my senior pics came out by the way?) I didn't make the background, but I like it... :)

    ReplyDelete