Sunday, October 17, 2010

get real, get right

It has been a while since I did an entry (I have been busy), but I do want to keep up with this thing for now so I am going to try to post relatively regularly, even if my posts suck.

This weekend, I had three swim meets, all outside in perhaps 50 degree weather.  On Friday, the bottoms of my feet (plantars, in honor of my anatomy test tomorrow) were numb, and by Sunday, the sun had heated up the day a little bit more.  I did pretty awfully in all three of them, so there is not much to report here...

This week I am making my way to Kenyon College in Gambier.  I am insanely excited to be there in the autumn; I have heard it is gorgeous there and I am admittedly a sucker for natural beauty... Whether it can top Yale is questionable, but I am going in with an open mind.

College applications are looming over my head.  Hello, Celia, why haven't you done us? Why do you have sleepovers with your friends or sit blogging or read John Green books or facebook instead of working diligently on these things that very well may shape your future? I may have said earlier that I am enjoying myself in the college essay writing process, but that doesn't mean it is easy for me to get started on any of them....

It is just so easy to do the things we want to do instead of doing the things we need to do.  But I ought to get my act together so I can just be done.

In other news, I still love Sufjan Stevens and I cannot wait to see him when I drag my entire family to Indianapolis on November 4th.  I have a growing list of songs that I will melt if he plays...!

Also, my friend Julia took some of my senior pics the other day and I must admit I am so happy that I did not go to a professional place because I love them so much.  She did a fantastic job and I feel so beautiful just looking at the pictures she took, which is what I think it should be like with this kind of portrait. <3

photo by Julia Rose Carleton

1 comment: