Wednesday, October 13, 2010

extraordinary people are, ordinary people are everywhere you look, everywhere you turn

It is 11:16pm and I am exhausted and I have also sacrificed most of my homework that is due tomorrow in return for doing the past two weeks of calculus homework that I have neglected, so I'm not planning on making this a great post.  There is not room for much more in my brain than derivatives and f double primes and the most complicated word problems I have ever done.  It's been five hours and I can honestly say that my work turnover is maybe 10 percent of what it was earlier this afternoon, so naturally, on to making a shitty blog post.



I discovered Sufjan Stevens the summer before ninth grade, and then re-discovered him while studying [for the first time in my life] for my freshman year midterm world studies exam.  At first his long, elaborately arranged pieces were hard for me to get used to, but once I started listening I could not stop.  His endearing and eccentric music grew on me exponentially, and as a result I have drifted in and out of Sufjan mania over the past three and a half years.

I was originally pretty apprehensive for the release of his new album, for obvious reasons if you know anything about Sufjan or have ever heard any of his three most recent albums, but all I will say for now about this new album is that Sufjan, in his own words, is most certainly not fucking around.

i'm not fucking around; i'm not, i'm not fucking around.

3 comments:

  1. Sufjan Stevens Sufjan Stevens Sufjan Stevens...okay cool got it! as much as you repeatedly mention his name I always forget so I'm pausing the Swell Season and creating a Pandora for him right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swell Season is good, but Sufjan has looks that Glen Hansard does not have

    Hahahahahah what other artists would they play on a Sufjan Pandora?! Crappy indie :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sufjan radio isn't actually that bad. You get some Andrew Bird and Death Cab, although now that Sufjan has covered such a vast array of genres I'm not sure what the hell might appear.

    ReplyDelete