Wednesday, December 8, 2010

locomotion

I have been going to bed at not-so-obscene hours lately, yet I have still been struggling against the incredible urge to dismiss my alarm clock and go back to sleep every morning this week.  It's weird, I have gotten so good at waking up on my own, but this week, I have regressed so much.  Maybe it's because it's so cold outside and my bed is so warm, or because it is pitch black outside at 6:15 in the morning as if it were like, 2 AM or something, or maybe it's just because the wear and tear of school and swimming has started to really take hold on me.

I can only hope that I am not running out of steam exactly one week before exams... I know that I need a break, but I can't afford to take one yet! And even when winter break starts, it's not like I'm going to have an easy life by any means... Christmas training is looming overhead, and the thought of practicing in that minuscule pool where the air is thick and hard to breathe and there are waves like the ocean frankly makes me wish that school would continue over the holidays.  That, my friends, is how difficult my winter break is.

But I digress.  I can't be losing steam right now because I truly do need it to do well on my exams.  The last high school exams I will ever take... And I need to get good grades because I can't let my first semester senior year unflatter me... mehhhh.

I guess I thought that this post was going to be somewhat better than my one this morning, but I have been doing a lot of conversing and thinking as opposed to writing today, and I am feeling particularly ineloquent (perhaps I have wasted my writing innovation on the remains of my college essays..?).  So these are boring posts with no audience in mind, which believe me, I hate to do.  Today I was writing down things that I have observed since starting my blog, like a little progress report for my isearch paper, and I actually thought of a lot of things to write down.  Hopefully this kind of post doesn't turn people off from reading this, because I will need your help if you have ever at any point read my blog!

My calculus answers are submitted to blackboard, my gov vocab quiz is going to remain un-studied for, and I am managing to squeeze by in every class by turning in work slightly late.  Holding on by the skin of my teeth, but what else is new...? It is time for me to sleep, so that overwhelming urge to dismiss my alarm as the boy who cried Wolf does not hit me so hard when I wake up.

P.S. Because I don't like to submit posts without images, more senior pictures by Julia ! Yay!

photo by julia carleton

1 comment:

  1. i hear you loud and clear celia. only we can truly understand the winter struggle.

    tis the season to be tired...

    ReplyDelete